Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Trip to Haiti...


Dear Friends,
As I embark on this journey to Haiti, I will be honest, this is the first time I have been a little scared going to another country, I have been to Panama, Guatemala, Ecuador and scary parts of Mexico from Tijuana to Mexico city, but Haiti scares me. With the cholera and disease's, political unrest, poverty, witchcraft and the uncertainly of what will happen, I am going there with a little trepidation. But none the less, I know this trip is of God and I hope that He will use me to encourage anyone that He brings before me.
I have already made for sure 2 contacts and still trying to connect with a third.
I am going with an organization called 7 Day Hero http://www.7dayhero.org/ . There are 8 of us going and we are going to build a playground for a church and look for another location to build a future playground. My buddy Jerry Huson invited me along a while back, and I said I would only go if I could meet, minister and see how we can help the deaf of Haiti. The first contact I made was through Friends Of Deaf Haiti http://friendsofdeafhaiti.org/Home.php Through their efforts and the help of Gallaudet University a large deaf tent city was built after the earthquake and right now it is estimate there are 400 people living there, deaf along with their families. So between helping the group build the playground I will be visiting the deaf. Wednesday all of us will be visiting the deaf camp. Thursday we will all go work on the playgroud, Friday (the men will continue to build the playground) but I will be going to visit other ministries and an orphanage in Mirebalais that has some deaf children there, and hopefully connecting with a missionary that has a deaf church. Saturday visiting a pastor and see where the next playground will go, then Sunday fly home. As you can see it will be a busy time. I got all my shots, I'm taking Malarone, I'm packed and ready to go, all I need now is for you to please pray for me. Pray that we will be safe, stay healthy, meet all our contacts, and be used by God to comfort, encourage and lead people to Jesus.
Thank you and stay tuned, I will do my best to update you daily.

No comments: